Muslim Community Services is hiring!!!
Title: Manager, Social Services
Employer: Muslim Community Services of San Diego
Summary: Muslim Community Services of San Diego (MCS), a non-profit organization focused on providing social services within San Diego County is looking to hire a qualified and dynamic social worker to oversee its operations and case work. Candidate should be committed to providing social services with professionalism and adherence to Islamic principles.
1. Streamline the case intake process that involves a part-time Operations Manager responding to phone calls, emails and referrals of clients who need MCS’s services. Facilitate efficient disposition of cases and delivery of services by assigning tasks to the Operations Manager, or a volunteer as appropriate, and oversee the overall field work . Ensure appropriate records are maintained
2. Exercise sound judgement in evaluating financial assistance requests. Evaluate and ensure clients are enrolled in government aid programs for which they qualify.
3. Co-ordinate with Masjids, Islamic centers and other social service organizations to assess potential overlap of services for a given client. Represent MCS at community meetings.
4. Implement strategies and policies decided upon by the MCS Board. Assist the board in ensuring MCS continues to be in compliance with all the requirements of a 501c3 organization
5. Explore government grants and facilitate the submission of grant applications that can benefit the community
6. Work with the MCS board in improving our services by exploring other areas of social services such as counseling, youth activities, job placement services, etc.
7. Publish timely reports to keep the MCS Board and the broader community aware of MCS activities
8. Organize MCS’s annual drives, including Zakat-al-Fitr, Eid Toy Drive, and School Supplies Drive
9. Proficiency in Arabic is preferred
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate would have a diploma or degree in social services, and have a passion for serving those in need.
The candidate should have an activist mindset, be self-motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to use computer software to maintain records is a prerequisite. This is a part-time position requiring 15 to 20 hours of work per week, with some flexibility in work hours. However it requires the individual to step up and demonstrate leadership in times of need.
The candidate may have to occasionally visit clients or meet with community leaders and Imams.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Compensation will be paid as consulting fees